Friday, April 18, 2003

The day I was born, "Ben" by Michael Jackson was number one in the U.S. OK, nice song, a boy and his pal, whatever. But what was the number one song in the UK? "Mouldy Old Dough" by Lieutenant Pigeon. Yuck! Turns out that "Mouldy Old Dough" topped the charts for four weeks! And the band included a mother and son, which is some kind of record for a number one hit. And here they are!

[There used to be a photo of Lieutenant Pigeon here.]

What were the hits on the day you were born? Thanks for the link, Col.

It's a big day for brainylady! I've submitted my site to the Knitting Bloggers webring as well as Bust's Girl Wide Web. Now I'm really knitting in public. Plus I've sorted out most of my html issues. So please do wander over to my knitting gallery and check out my links page.

I'm really enjoying knitting the top-down raglan baby cardigan. I'm just past the second buttonhole, but I can see that it is indeed going to be a sweater, which is satisfying.

No comments: