Thursday, December 02, 2004

A day off

I slept till noon today and then felt sooo tired when I got up. I felt the way I expect to feel at the very end of the term, once everything is done (that is, deeply exhausted and muddle-headed), but the problem was that I don't have time to feel that way yet! Because I still have a presentation, a project, and two papers to do between now and December 15. I felt like my head was full of rocks. I did some half-assed research on the Internet and then Bill rescued me and forced me to go for a walk with him. We went out (boy, it's cold today!) and ended up at the Tim Horton's at a nearby corner (or Horny Tim's, as he calls it), where we read the Globe and Mail and ate doughnuts and had hot chocolate. And here's what my horoscope read:

Give your brain a rest today because you have been working it hard lately and it is beginning to show signs of wear and tear. Your mind, like your body, needs to be treated with respect, so switch off from all the serious things you have been dealing with and focus on something that does not require you to think too deeply.
I read that, and the guilt lifted! I realized it's OK to write off one day. So then we went bowling. :)

No comments: