Pattern: Bunny by Jess Hutchison
Yarn: Georga 100% Wool (left over from Bill's Manly Mitts)
Needles: four 4.0mm DPNs
Notions: eyes are buttons, nose/mouth is embroidery floss
Finished size: 9.5 inches from toe to tip of ear
Modification: I knit the body, arms, and legs first, and stuffed them; instead of knitting the head as a separate piece, I picked up 18 sts. around the neck and knit up, starting with round 5 of the head. (That will only make sense if you did/do knit this.)
During this morning's back porch photo shoot, Bill said, "When did you knit that?" and then, "What's it for?" Well, I knit this bunny on a recent evening that involved three episodes of The Wire (season 3), I put it all together on another TV evening, and it's not for anything other than my own amusement. And now yours. And that's enough of a reason to knit a bunny, I think.
I washed all the fabric for my Flock of Triangles quilt. Thanks again for your advice -- I was very interested to find out that the vintage-y look results from the shrinking of the batting rather than of the fabric! This is something I'd been wondering about. Unfortunately, I left the fabric in the dryer too long, but spritzing it with water as I ironed helped to smooth it out. Before I start cutting out the triangles, I'm considering sizing it up to a single-bed-sized quilt, just because I have enough yellows to make it bigger. I guess I'll do the math and think about it. In the meantime, I'm hugely inspired by all the finished Flock quilts I've found on the blogs and Flickr, like marirob's in pinks and brown, Lady Harvatine's in reds, amishas' in oranges, and weebum's in greens.
I did finish the blue baby quilt earlier this month, so I'll show you photos of that soon. I'm about halfway through knitting a Swallowtail Shawl. I'm reading, too. It turns out that if I blog less, I have time to read and knit! So that will continue to be the strategy for the time being. Enjoy the rest of January, and I'll see you soon.