Monday, June 18, 2007

Josephine

OK, OK, enough about what I'm eating these days -- let's talk about knitting. I'm working on the Josephine Top from the summer 2007 IK. I've never really understood knitting garments for summer, since summer is usually the time when you want to wear as few garments as you can; I made a ChicKami way back when, and I've never worn it. But several months ago I thrifted four 100g balls of cotton/acrylic Pingouin Transat, and it's perfect for the Josephine Top. I'm never going to wear a fitted knitted tank when it's hot out, but this top is a little looser, and I think I'll wear it over a light tank top on cooler days.

Anyway, I took a progress photo while knitting on the back porch on Saturday evening; since then I've finished the lace portion of this back piece.


I have to get ready to take Mooky to the v-e-t now. He was in a fight a couple of nights ago and had his ear torn up a bit. It seemed OK at first, but now it's infected. Poor Mooks -- he's a lover, not a fighter.

13 comments:

Veronique said...

That's a cute pattern! I like how it's a longer tank, more like a tunic.
And I have to say that I've knitted tank tops before and successfully worn them!

Mia said...

Poor Mooky!! Tell him that Mimi agrees with him about that nasty place where they like to stick you with needles.

You might be able wear a nice turtle neck under the top in the winter or late fall. I personally will knit socks and lace in the heat. Well, I just started a baby afghan for someone but it is a under the a/c vent project.

spajonas said...

oooh, cute stitch pattern!

Anonymous said...

i love how it looks in your lap all tight together so you can't see the lacey holes you can see in the pattern picture. for some reason i don't find i ever wear lacey so i'm trying to not pick things to knit that have it. you know, in the ever ongoing war to knit things i might actually wear.

Anonymous said...

Pretty! And I always considered knitted tanks more like camisoles--not really intended for summer use, but for fall/winter under a blazer or sweater or something.

Poor Mooks. Hope his ear clears up soon.

Stacey said...

poor Mookey!

that is a cute top - i have looked at it several times and may eventually start it - like you, I'm not a summer knits person!

La Cabeza Grande said...

That really is a lovely colour! You have a real eye for repurposing thrifted yarn.

All the best to your Mooks. Tell him to lay low for a bit :o)

KnittenKnots said...

Cute tank...I'm trying to decide if I'm going to do any summer knits this year - they're definitely harder to wear. Sending good thoughts to Mooks...

pamela wynne said...

Aw, poor Mooks! I love the stitch definition in your Josephine -- it's such a pretty pattern, and that's a great color for it.

Thinks too much said...

I've always wondered about sweaters with no arms, but I wonder if it would work in the spring/fall under a sweater -- when two long sleeves would be too much, but you want more warmth than a short-sleeved T and sweater.

Poor Mook-let.

Lolly said...

Beautiful color choice! this will look fabulous :)

Elizabeth said...

Yay! I'm currently knitting this top, too. Glad to see you are also using a bright color - mine will be bright grass green. Have fun with it!

Chris said...

Poor Mooks! I hope his ear is better now...