Thursday, February 22, 2007

The obsession continues


So far I've used 9 different kinds of yarn, in 13 different colours. All have been leftovers, until last night. I bought a skein of O-Wool Classic because I figured this blanket gives me the chance to try new yarns and see if I like them. (The O-Wool is just slightly rough -- not rough, exactly, but kind of sticky -- but it's gorgeous. It's the second row from the top in the photo above.) I think this blanket needs some yellow or orange soon...

Added: Have you seen the knit vs. crochet mockumentary Wooly Bullies (found via Yarn-a-go-go)? Oh. My. God. It is so funny. (On crocheters: "It's just ridiculous, the things these people try to pull off as legitimate.") Go watch it now if you haven't already.

15 comments:

KnittenKnots said...

So colorful - love it.

Lolly said...

This is so nice, A! I love the spectrum of colors :)

laura said...

heyyyyy that's ME in that video, wearing my urban aran!

Nicola said...

That film is so funny! I love the blanket too, really makes me want to try my hand at crocheting - am I heading over to the dark side?

Chris said...

I'm feeling dizzy...

Anonymous said...

Looking good! You've got me thinking about O-wool for a sweater for John. There's some orange on the way!

Nadia said...

It reminds me of looking at my threads yesterday. When your whole palette comes together like that, it gives you a chance to see at a distance the direction you've been taking colourwise. Apparently, I own far too many spools of Cookie Monster turquoise!

Unknown said...

Nice colors, but really, do you think that is legitimate?

Anonymous said...

looks great! the orange is coming...

Anonymous said...

Great video! I switched the other way - crocheter to knitter. Yes, I recognized the urban aran too. One thing that really bothered me about the film though, was the spelling mistake in the lead-in intro - bye - going to Grammar Avengers now.....

Stacey said...

beautiful colors - and thanks for teh link to the video!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the way the blanket is taking shape. And I started crocheting too--just a square for a coworker's blanket (another one) that needed to get done quickly. Wow, crochet is so much faster. I got 6" done in an hour.

Alison said...

Lookin' good!

Danica said...

I used that stich for a scarf for my sister for Christmas, and it turned out looking pretty cool. She really likes it. I'm happy you are lovin' the crochet action. It makes me feel like less of a loser. :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE that blanket!!