Thursday, January 18, 2007

Local knitting info

I went to knitting group last night -- something I haven't done in months. (Since November, maybe?) It was fun, even though I ended up just knitting and reknitting the same little section of Trellis sleeve. Apparently I can talk and knit at the same time, but I can't talk, knit, and remember to increase.

I had a question in the comments the other day about Montreal yarn shops. Because Blogger kind of sucks, I can't reply by e-mail, so here's my answer. As for physical shops, I know of three:

· Mouliné, on Notre-Dame W. (near Atwater; closest metro stop is Lionel Groulx)
· À la tricoteuse, on Rachel (4 blocks east of St-Denis)
· Effiloché, on St-Hubert (between Rosemont and Beaubien)

There are probably others. Online, but also based here in Montreal, there is the brand-spanking new ariadne. (Mary brought some of their Ozark Handspun last night, and it's crazy.) Happy yarn shopping.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I'll have to remember those for when I visit Montreal next! I haven't been there in a few years, but it is one of my all time favorite places to visit! Like driving to Europe!