Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Is that ... could it be ... knitting?!

I hope all you Xmas-types had a fabulous day on Monday. I did. Bill and I stayed in our pajamas all day (well, Bill changed into new PJs after opening them), opened gifts, and in the afternoon made a big proper dinner -- roast organic chicken (none for me), stuffing, potatoes, Brussels sprouts, carrots, gravy, and cranberry sauce -- just for the two of us. Other than a lack of snow, it was a perfect Christmas. (On Boxing Day, it snowed -- big, wet flakes coming horizontally!)

It's been ages since there's been any knitting on this alleged knitting blog, but that's because I was knitting secret Xmas-gift socks. And now I can show them to you!

Socks for my mom, dad, and brother. Nothing super fancy, but each pair is a little different. For my mom, Regia Canadian Color #4744 and picot edges at the cuffs:

For my dad, Regia 4-ply Color #1933, k1p1 cuffs, and k3p1 ribbing down just the front of each sock to the toe:

And for my brother, Regia 4-ply Color #5171, k2p2 cuffs, and an Eye of Partridge heel flap:

I'm not too far from finishing my saddle-shoulder sweater -- about halfway through the yoke, and of course each round gets a little shorter at this point. It will either be the last FO of 2006 or the first of 2007. Exciting! I haven't finished a sweater since last summer.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have been wondering where you were these days. I guess it was a Bloglines glitch? Love all of the socks--now that my Xmas knitting is almost done perhaps I will work on some socks for myself.

Anonymous said...

...says the girl who once thought she wouldn't knit anymore sweaters. :) love all the socks, a very bluesy christmas was had by your fam! :)

Cari said...

Can't wait to see the sweater!

Stacey said...

The socks look great!

spajonas said...

well, that IS a good amount of knitting :) i can't wait to see this sweater. sounds like a good way to bring in 2007!

love the new blog look, by the way. glad to see the switch over happened without incident.

Chris said...

Secret knitting is hell on blog content, isn't it? Great socks!

Anonymous said...

Nice socks :)

Robin said...

Beautiful socks for your family! Glad to hear you had an enjoyable Christmas - it sounded lovely. Your banner is wonderful as well! Best for the New Year.

Elinor said...

Those socks look great! I love the colors!!

LaurieM said...

Lovely socks. All three of them.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what's going on with Bloglines as i missed a whole bunch of your posts until just now. Happy holidays. Fantastic socks, lovely tree and stockings, and I love the new banner! happy new year to you and yours, Alison.

Kari said...

Very nice socks. I particularly like the pair that you made for your mom...the yarn is gorgeous!

shannon said...

I loves me a pj Christmas! That's our tradition. Sadly, we don't ever buy ourselves new pj's, just our tired, old sweats and tees.

Socks are beautiful.

Wendy DG said...

Definitely worth the wait. The picot edging on your Mom's socks are a nice detail.

K. said...

Love the socks! Christmas in pj's sounds like it was a blast! Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Anonymous said...

Yay, socks! They're all gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

So....is blue one of your favorite colors?

I love the picot edging on your mom's socks. Is the cuff sewen or knitted under?