Monday, September 04, 2006

Long weekend

We decided not to go to Osheaga this weekend, and despite all the amazing bands, I'm glad we didn't. I can't really afford something like that right now, and it was a cold and rainy weekend after all.

I couldn't really afford to see three $10 movies in two days, either, but I did that anyway. The film festival wraps up here today, and I did go to three films -- all American! Not very international-film-fest of me, I know. I saw The Oh in Ohio, which not many reviewers have liked -- but I loved it. I also saw Tomorrow Is Today, which didn't do anything for me, and I couldn't pass up Lonely Hearts, since I'd read about Martha Beck and Ray Fernandez during my thesis research. It was a slick movie, very entertaining, not very historically accurate. Mostly I was just thrilled about living in a city that has a film festival. Next year I'll get the 10-film pass.

The Outsiders is on TV right now -- Ponyboy and Johnny are running into the burning barn. This is where I should probably turn it off if I don't want to be crying my eyes out in half an hour...

I still haven't found my pins! Send pins!

Tomorrow is the first day of school. I'm a freakin' Ph.D. student! I had that thought the other day -- it's almost like it's happened all of a sudden, since I was so wrapped up in my thesis until just a couple of weeks ago. And now ka-boom! I'm a Ph.D. student, and classes start tomorrow.

What am I going to wear?!

No comments: