Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I'm getting into the swing of things at school, making final choices about courses to take and so on. Busy! I had a few free hours this afternoon between classes, and I needed a new pair of jeans. I hate shopping for jeans -- pants in general, actually. I don't look good in most pants, and I don't enjoy trying things on, and I don't care for shopping malls, and I kind of hate spending money. But I needed new jeans, and I was downtown, so I went shopping. Straight to the jeans store, and I was quick about it, because I've pretty much bought the same pair of jeans for the last 15 years. So I tried on two pairs, picked one pair, paid for them -- and then the power went out, not only in the store, but in a many-block radius, which led to evacuation and then half a dozen fire trucks screaming through the area.

I'm still not sure. Could it be that I made the right purchase, as the power went out at the moment my receipt was printing? Or was this a sign that I really shouldn't have bought those jeans? I think I'll stay out of the mall for a while. My purchasing power seems to be destructive.

By the way, Bill is OK. We did a bit of research about stress fractures and went back for the cast. I whipped up a toe cozy -- photos tomorrow!

No comments: