Saturday, August 05, 2006

I charged my camera batteries, but now I can't find my USB cable. Sheesh. Things are still about a 3 on a 1-to-10 chaos scale in our new place. I'm at the point in setting up my office that I've got books on shelves (good) and miscellaneous stuff-without-a-home in half-emptied cardboard boxes (bad). I've tended to keep things over the years like letters and Xmas cards and photos, and it's time to pare down. So the mess is likely to get worse before it gets better.

I have a week to get that room together, because I don't want to leave it a mess when we ... [drum roll] go on a week-long fishing trip next Saturday! Yay, a real holiday! And not only a fishing trip, but a return to the Crotch! A few readers may remember that three years ago (!), Bill and I went fishing at a place in Ontario called Crotch Lake. This will refresh your memory, or bring you up to speed. It's about a five-hour drive from here, and we're going a week from today. I plan to catch lots of fish, and do lots of knitting (of what, I don't know) and reading (novels, not articles!).

OK, I'm going to tackle one of those half-boxes of whatever in my room. Hopefully I'll come across that USB cable ...

No comments: