Saturday, March 25, 2006

Consumer's Report

I thought I'd share a recent (yesterday) purchase with you, mostly because this is something that is on sale at Canadian Tire until March 31 (item #68-1159-8).* You might be interested if you have a modest yarn stash like me, or if you're battling stash overflow and need a few more drawers.



I love this little chest of drawers -- it's not too big, but it holds a lot of stuff. What stuff? How much stuff? Well, let's look inside...



Two of the top drawers hold my sock yarns, and I'm pleased to report that I've used up most of what I had on hand. I have enough in these drawers for seven pairs, and that's plenty. The other top drawer holds leftovers, as does the large bottom drawer:



The middle drawers are filled with my surprisingly large collection of Briggs & Little wool and Peace Fleece:



It's great for me to be able to see all this stuff at once -- my previous "system" involved various plastic bins in a closet upstairs. Putting that stuff into these drawers let me see what I've got (and let me see that I really should whip up a sweater with some of that B&L wool or Peace Fleece!). It also showed me that I have a lot of pink wool, which is a little weird, really. Anyway, for me, these drawers hold all the yarn I really need, and if I want to bring in some new stuff, I'll need to make room for it first, either by giving some away or knitting it up. (Except for sock yarn -- there's still a bit of space in those drawers. ;)

I hope you're having a lovely weekend. I'll probably finish those zinnia socks tomorrow or Monday, so come back soon to see my feet!

* Product-placement disclaimer: Obviously, it's way better when we build our own things or buy things second-hand!

No comments: