Friday, February 03, 2006

We call them pirates out here

Finished! I am a Fair Isle virgin no longer. This hat was a much faster knit than I'd imagined, and not even hard to do. The pattern, by Adrian, was straightforward and simple, and the finished product is a complete success.



And inside-out:



But wait -- there's more! On my head:



I used Knit Picks Andean Treasure (100% baby alpaca): one ball of "Woods" (MC), and one ball of "Sunset" (CC). By using the same yarn for the lining, I used all of it, so the two 50-gram balls were really the perfect amount. Plus the baby alpaca is so soft. It even makes me feel a little disappointed that we're having this spring-like winter! (Look at those photos -- supposedly I live in the snow belt, but you wouldn't know it this year.) Overall, I'm very pleased with this hat, and it's great for a first foray into Fair Isle -- thanks, Adrian, for the great pattern! Arrr!

No comments: