Friday, July 01, 2005

Friday

I got home Wednesday night -- my train was almost three hours late. Still, it wasn't a bad trip. It seemed that every passenger except me was headed to an international A.A. convention in Toronto, and they were all friendly and chatty and in a good mood.

A bit of blog housekeeping is in order: I have a few more NYC photos to show you. I had such a good trip. After the crazy-busy weekend, Monday and Tuesday were nice and slow. On Monday I met Amy! (Yes, Amy who lives two hours from me in Toronto. We met in New York City's Little Italy, of course. Nothing strange about that, nope.) She's just as warm and fun as one would expect. In fact, I think the word that best describes Amy is "animated." (Look at her gorgeous bamboo Clapotis-in-progress.)



On Tuesday night, there was knitting at Cari's house. Mindy and Cassie were there:



So was Jackie and her dog, Ty, seen gazing lovingly at Cari:



Em and Regina were there, too. It was so much fun to sit with a group of people who knit! A huge treat for me.

And now I'm home, and it's already July (Happy Canada Day!), and it's high time I got some work done. (But watch this space for a sock pattern in the next couple of days!)

No comments: