Monday, June 06, 2005

Today is the first day of the rest of my thesis

I spent the afternoon at the public library in Hamilton, working, for the first time really, on my thesis. Very exciting. Hamilton is a city on Lake Ontario, about an hour and a half from where I live. In 1946 a torso was found on the side of the escarpment, leading to one of the most sensational murder cases in Canadian history. This summer I plan to spend a lot of time in the newspaper archives with this woman, Evelyn Dick, the widow who was charged with the murder:



Oh, and I plan to knit, too. I feel like I used to knit. I'm scared by the "on the needles" list on my knitting page. I think I'll finish up the Dolman Updated sweater and then... I'm not sure. I want to start something new, of course. I bought the current issue of Cast On, and there are a couple of sweaters I like (the Café Cardigan, the Day Dreams Cable Pullover, and the explicitly named View in the Park Cable V-Neck Pullover, for those following at home). I think I need to knit something in hot pink.

No comments: