Sunday, April 03, 2005

OK, now I can get my work done

the Wavy scarf

It's the Wavy scarf. Details and a slightly different shot can be found in the gallery. It really did snow overnight, so I was happy to have a new scarf to wrap round my neck on a grocery run this morning. And now I will not knit another stitch until I finish writing at least one of the four papers due in the coming weeks.

Do you know about microRevolt? More specifically, do you know about knitPro? It's "a web application that translates digital images into knit, crochet, needlepoint and cross-stitch patterns" -- the site/application is designed around anti-sweatshop activism, but you can use an image of anything at all in knitPro. Imagine the possibilities! I think I'll upload a photo of Rachael, knit it onto the front of a sweater, and pose in the sweater while doing the Rachael! Knights of Columbus*, that's funny. (Not to downplay the activist potential, of course. Geez.)

* After a long, quiet day of paper-writing, I watched Anchorman last night. I'm sure it helped that I was really tired, but by the beard of Zeus, there were some pretty funny moments! Others were painfully unfunny.

No comments: