Monday, January 24, 2005

Cowl language

Such clever and observant readers you are! Yes, that is the Koigu with which I knit a single sock ages ago; the yarn was a gift from Rachael for my birthday in 2003, if you can believe it. But there was a reason that sock has remained single lo these many months: I knit it too tight. In two ways, actually: I pulled the Koigu too tight while knitting (the abuse of Koigu being a mortal sin, I know), and the sock itself is too tight. So into a Ziploc bag went the sock and the remaining skein -- until this weekend.

I was at a bookstore on Friday, drooling over Last-Minute Knitted Gifts, and in that book, I found the perfect simple project to highlight the gorgeousness of two skeins of Koigu: the cowl. So I cast 150 stitches onto a 3mm circular needle and started knitting away. It's just a stockinette tube. It's going to be lovely, and I plan to feel like a princess with it around my neck.

(I just googled to try to find a photo online of the cowl, and what do you know: Angela -- of knitted rockstar fame -- has just finished one, and it's perfect!) (Angela, are you no longer taking comments? Or is it just me?)

Now go and crawl back under the covers; today is the most depressing day of the year, after all. Sigh.

No comments: