Monday, July 26, 2004

Only four more days at work!

Bill is at the airport right now, about to board a flight to Kuala Lumpur. He had to go today because of visa issues, so I'm home alone until I fly down to meet him on Sunday. It's OK; I'm much more productive in the house when I'm alone. I'll clean everything and finish up the last of my to-do list. I have a date tonight with another deserted person: Danny's boyfriend Tom. (Danny is loving being back in Australia, by the way. He keeps sending me e-mails about "fresh air," "cool breezes," "delicious sandwiches," and other similarly exotic things.) Tom and I are going to see an Australian choir perform at the National Concert Hall. The choir should be good, but I'm out of there at the first sign of a didgeridoo.

I haven't really been knitting. The next sock for the Six Sox Knitalong is a cabled pattern, so I'd like to use a plain, light colour to best show off the texture. Unfortunately, I don't have any of that on hand, and local yarn shops just don't sell sock yarn, so I can't start on those socks until I'm back in the motherland (in twenty-three days!). I know, I know, Polka Purl Dots. Each row takes twenty minutes! Plus it's black, so it's not thrilling to look at. Do you read this blog just for the knitting content? Thank you, and please come back in September.

I'm feeling curiously calm today. No panic at all. Denial, perhaps? In any case, following Kerrie's advice (and her daughter Brooke's example), I hereby pledge to shout "Only X more days at work!" every morning this week. (It's when I start shouting it at work that I'll know I'm in trouble.)

No comments: