Thursday, May 20, 2004

Blah

I have nothing to say, really. I find the state of the world distressing, but I don't feel like writing about politics. Because you can't just write a little, and I don't have the energy to get into it properly.

Today was President Chen's inauguration, and as far as I can tell, it was free of incident. (On our lunch break, Danny and I walked down to where it had been held, and to get our hands on free "Love Taiwan!" hats we nearly came to blows with a horde of Taiwanese grannies. They are tough, and they have pointy little elbows.)

It's dark and pouring rain outside, which contributes to my Blah. And you know the feeling when you're just really, really not able to focus on your work? Hi, that's me. This is why I prefer freelancing. I could go and do something else, and come back to the work when I'm actually able to concentrate. Blah.

It does make me happy, though, that there are people pursuing and making a living at what they love, and that some people really, really love fonts: "A bold type of guy."

How much longer till I can go home and knit?

. . .


A little later... OK, my workmate Danny has cheered me up by pointing me to this link:
Right now, bastards are plotting to draw smiley faces on a dyslexic tripod. My gravestone and cake are laughing, and suspenders that I work with may be bulbous.

I'm Federal Agent Jack Bauer, and this is the most cordless kaleidoscope of my life.

No comments: