Tuesday, March 30, 2004

I didn't work today, so I had the chance to take some photos outside. (Like many of you, I'm too rushed in the mornings to do it, and it's dark when I get home from work at this time of year.) First, here is my feather and fan scarf so far:

feather & fan scarf

I'm still on the first 200-yard ball of yarn. It knits up really quickly: three rows of garter stitch and then one row of yarn-overs and knit-two-togethers. Clearly I'm taking a little break from the Must Have cardigan to knit this, even though I'm only three or four inches from finishing the back of the sweater:

Must Have back

And here is a crafty idea for you: Do you have a 100 percent wool sweater that you love but is past its prime? Wash it in the machine, dry it, cut out two squares, sew them together, and stuff the shape. Felted pillow! Man, I can't wait to have a washing machine with hot water again.

No comments: