Wednesday, January 07, 2004

It's a triple whammy: (1) our new green-chair-red-carpet decor; (2) a freshly finished Kittyville hat; and (3) the ever-popular Beatrix!



See the wall behind us? It's fake wood paneling made of plastic for that extra classy touch! My designer's name is Rico: Rico Swah-vay. (I'll put a decent photo of the hat in my knitting gallery soon, so you can see its cute earflaps and see the ears without shadows. I love this hat! I have a feeling that I'm going to make this hat again and again.)

Several people have sympathized with the fact that Beatrix was running up pant legs last week. But she has since moved on! Her new favourite game is Get In The Bag! This provides hours of entertainment and has the added bonus of not drawing blood. Here she is in action:



Kids, don't try this at home! I explained to her that a bag is not a toy, but she would not be dissuaded. The funniest part about the photo above actually happened a split-second later: as soon as the flash went off, she lunged toward the camera.

Think about that for a second.

(OK, it was something like watching a Discovery program about kittens struggling to be birthed headfirst from shopping bags.)

***UPDATE***

OK, I'm looking at that shot of me and Bea in front of the green chair, and I'm thinking it doesn't give enough of a sense of the room's red and green violence. So I went and figured out how to make popup images just so I could show you this. Better? But wait, there's more! While I was typing that post, Beatrix was actually playing in a bag. Because we have no enclosed storage space in our apartment, and we bought a package of 800 rolls of toilet paper at Costco, the package of TP is -- and I'm not proud of this -- on the floor under the desk. As I was typing, the cat was in the bag of toilet paper. Then she managed to pull a roll out of the bag and show it who's boss. That's my girl!

No comments: