Sunday, January 11, 2004

Ack!

I have so much to catch up on! I guess that's what Sundays are for. I'll do my best. First, I must confess that I've been neglecting my own brother, Tom, who was good enough to send a photo of himself modeling his new Marsan watchcap:

Look, it's my brother!

A successful knitted Xmas gift, especially since he lives in Vancouver and it's been unusually cold there. I also heard from Allison (2L), and she has received her colourful wool socks. No photo, but here's what she said:

These socks are so soft! They are just slightly too big, which means I can bunch them up at the ankle and pretend I'm in a J-Crew catalogue.
Ah, isn't it nice when your work is appreciated? I got a lot of compliments on my Kittyville hat the other day, but that wasn't a very good picture of it, so I took a few more. Here I am wearing my hat on my rooftop:

I love this hat.

For a bit more, click here to see the left side of the hat and my view towards Hsintien in the south, and here to see the right side of the hat and the view up Ting Zhou Road in the other direction. I took these photos yesterday afternoon (Saturday). See how I'm only wearing a tank top? It was that warm yesterday.

I've been working a bit on my second mini-ringel sock. I really like the k4p1tbl ribbing -- it's taken from the free pattern for Michelle's Basic Socks. Look at how nice it is:

Thanks again for the yarn, Cari!

Hmm, what else did I want to tell you? Oh, right -- I made a wonton for Beatrix. I used bulky yarn, but next time I'd use lighter yarn so the catnip smell is stronger. Still, I'd say it's a success:



I don't want to overload you with cat pictures, but I'm taking them all the time. If you want a little more Beatrix, just click here and here. Oh, and she says she'd make a good mascot for the Grammar Avengers. What do you think?

Did I actually agree to read Proust along with Cari, Rachael, and Em? Aiyo! When am I going to have time for that?

No comments: