Sunday, December 21, 2003

Allergies attack!

It's the weirdest thing: every few weeks I have a day-long violent allergy attack where I'm sneezing like crazy and my nose is dripping all over the place. I don't know what causes it. Today is one of those days. It really sucks. I took three prescription antihistamines... nothing. Bill and I even went to the gym just so I could sit in the steam room for half an hour. By the time we got home, I was a mess again. I've since had two mugs of lemon Panadol... and nothing. My theory is that my body fills up with toxins from breathing the polluted air, and then every few weeks it purges itself. Who knows. I wish I could detach my head and put it in the fridge for a while.

Anyway, I did knit for a while yesterday. I have two balls of Bernat Illusions that I bought in Canada to make a scarf, so I started that. It's slow going, though, because the yarn is nubbly and the needles get caught in it easily. After a few hours, this is what I have (prepare to be underwhelmed):



I also finished 2L's Xmas socks, but I can't seem to take a picture of them that actually shows the wonderful colours. Frustrating! Here's one shot:



I used a k5p1tbl ribbing on these, carried down the top of the foot. To separate the ribbing from the plain toe, I did a row of twisted purl stitches:



I'm really happy with these socks. I'll try again to photograph them before I put them in the mail to Allison.

OK, I'm off to bed. I'm taking a roll of toilet paper with me.

No comments: