Tuesday, November 11, 2003

I [heart] George Soros!

He and a partner have committed up to $US5 million to Moveon.org, a liberal activist group, bringing to $US15.5 million the total of his personal contributions to oust Mr. Bush. ... "America, under Bush, is a danger to the world," he said. Then he smiled: "And I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is."
What am I knitting? Well, there's the top-secret Wool-Ease Xmas gift, which is about halfway done, and the mini-ringel socks that I'm in love with (slowly approaching the toe of Sock 1). The chunky top-down raglan is in a drawer, because I'm just not into it right now. I did finish one brown-and-green-striped mitten, and now I don't remember which needles I used. (Duh!) I bought wool last week for mittens and a matching Kittyville hat. A fuzzy Bucket-o-chic is on my list, too. And a black scarf for myself, which I should make before it gets cold here. And the second lace panel sock. And did I just leave a comment on Em's blog telling her I'd make legwarmers? Aiyo! I need a personal knit-trainer and some discipline!

No comments: