Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Well, the wool I thought was worsted weight isn't, so the mittens aren't as quick as I'd hoped they would be. (I'll never get that yarn-weight thing right. Why don't the yarn companies print the weight on the label?) But I'm halfway up the hand of the first mitten, and I'm loving it. I'm in love with these mittens. I just hope they'll fit the person I plan to give them to. They'll be too small for me, which should be perfect. (Jerry Seinfeld would never date me; I've got man hands.) For the next pair, though, I'm going to use a thicker yarn. Must. Knit. Faster. It's almost November! And you know what they say: time flies like an arrow, and fruit flies like a banana. ::groan:: As much as I want to finish the two pairs of socks that I'm working on, they're both for me, so they can wait. First, I need to make a few pairs of mitts and a surprise gift that I can't talk about yet. Plus I'd like to knit some miniature things for tree ornaments. Tiny raglans, maybe. That would be cute, wouldn't it? A little sweater to hang on the tree. And it would be a great way to use up self-striping sock yarn leftovers. (Although I may be fooling myself, thinking that they'd be fast because they're small.) (But I think they'd be fast.)

No comments: