Monday, May 12, 2003

I'm back! We had to buy a new keyboard to plug into our laptop. Who knows what happened there. Anyway, a few little tidbits for you today. Yay! I like tidbits.


To get an idea of what you would see if you were in Taipei, click above.

Two of my favourite newspaper columnists write for the Guardian: Zoe Williams and Julie Burchill. If I were an English teacher, and I had to teach about similes that are vivid and effective, I would refer to Burchill's column of May 10:
"Pop stars should be like fireflies, shooting up from nowhere in one mad, incandescent, perfect moment, before burning out in a blaze of glory. Not like one of those giant turtles in the Galapagos that hangs on until it's 100, lumbering about in ever-decreasing circles and outliving all of us."
Also from the Guardian, a list of "the 50 best books in the history of women's literature," according to 6,000 readers: the story is here; the list itself is here. It includes the usual suspects.

And in knitting news, I've finished the baby sweater! I just have to weave in the ends and find some appropriately adorable buttons. I'm very happy with it. I also finished a washcloth that I'd started a while back but grown bored of. I didn't love knitting with cotton -- no stretch! But I'll be happy to wash my face with it. (Not my dishes! Are you crazy?)


As for other people's knitting, I'm in awe of these socks! Click on 'em. This woman has made cute baby things, too.

Have a lovely day!

No comments: