Saturday, January 04, 2003

And what's the deal with lomography, you may ask? Well, I'd heard of it a while ago, but then came across the actual cameras at an FNAC store near my office. So I bought one of the ones that shoots four images per frame. It's called the cybersampler. It's very low tech and requires a lot of light for the shots to really be good. I immediately loaded the roll of 800 film that came with the camera and began to shoot (I bought it on my lunch break); however, it was a dreary, cloudy day. I got that roll developed the other day, and only six or seven out of 36 shots are worth looking at. But now I know to only use it on bright, sunny days. The light is important because the apertures are so small (since there are four where normally there is one). It's really just a gimmicky toy, but cool. Especially because it's the only automatic camera that I own and so I'll end up taking more shots of this crazy city. More later on my Xmas present: a 1960s twin-lens-reflex camera from Shanghai...

No comments: