Monday, November 08, 2004

Snowflakes

That's what I saw when I looked out the window this morning. Snowflakes. Sure, they're gone now, but the point is that they were here. Already!

I've put up some photos of Bea. If you think a knitting blog should be exclusively about knitting -- not about pets, and god forbid, not about politics -- well, you can bite me. I'm sure that's not you, though. (At the rate that I finish things, I don't think anyone comes here just for the knitting!) Anyway, Miss Bea is about a year old now (we're not sure exactly), and she loves to pose for photos. You can see the latest shoot here.

Thanks for the comments on my skull intarsia. I'm really excited about it. (You could make a really fabulous knitted pillow with this chart, if you're not ready to commit to a sweater with a huge skull on it. I'm using Patons Classic Merino, and the skull measures about 26 cm by 34 cm [about 10 inches by 13.5 inches].) I sewed the side seams last night and realized I'd been too enthusiastic with the blocking; this sweater was going to be wa-a-ay too wide. I dunked the seamed pieces back into cold water and reblocked. Oh, and I, uh... knitasleeve. Just one! Hey, I read Foucault too. So you may be seeing a finished sweater around here by the end of the week. And I need sweaters -- it's bloody snowing!

No comments: